Posts Tagged ‘ice breakers for adults’
Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/customer/www/ice-breaker-ideas.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/paper-template/papertemplate.php(15) : eval()'d code(3) : eval()'d code on line 341
Ice breaker games are fantastic for getting people to talk and befriend each other quickly. They bring people together that otherwise may not have the opportunity to talk. Having a bit of fun together breaks down barriers quickly and helps people relax. Icebreakers speed up the getting to know you process and make it easier to take a group forward. They are a trainer's dream tool but can be used in many more meeting situations than people do!
When should you use an Ice Breaker Game?
Ice breaker games have so many uses both at work and away from work. They can be used for all ages too! You can use them to start your training sessions, sales meetings and corporate events but you can also use them to integrate your school pupils at the start of the new school year, for youth groups, club meetings etc. Virtually any group gathering could make use of ice breaker games to ensure an event gets off to a good start. I used to use them at the start of every PTA meeting.
To get your meetings off to an excellent start you should learn how to to lead an icebreaker really well. Get to know your chosen ice breaker game very well and then practise on your friends!
First, give an overview of the game and then step by step instructions. Start with easy ice breaker games when you're first starting out and then learn something a bit more challenging for established groups. Ask around colleagues and friends for their favourite ice breaker games and try those. With some great care and attention you will grow in confidence and your meetings and events will have a real buzz about them.
Ice breaker games can be quite noisy and busy affairs - that's what they're supposed to be! if you need to amke yourself heard you might think about investing in a whistle, bell or some attention getting device.
Try this easy ice breaker game:
- Have everyone seated in a circle. You stand in the centre. You say
- "Everyone wearing blue change places and greet your neighbours on both sides"
- So everyone wearing blue changes places and you try and slip into one of the vacant seats. Allow a few seconds for people to greet their new neighbours
- The new person in the centre issues another command such as:
- "Everyone who drove here today change places and greet your new neighbours"
- The person in the centre slips into a vacant seat, everyone greets their new neighbours and on it goes until everyone has met lots of people and had enough!!
- Above all, have fun with this energetic ice breaker game suitable for all kinds of groups.
Sharon Naylor is passionate about ice breaker games for work, play, parties, meetings, groups and clubs. In fact anywhere people are connecting to others whether it be for the first time or even when familiar with each other. If you would like to find some great icebreaker ideas for your next training or event visit the ice breaker ideas web-site for hundreds of amazing games and fun icebreakers.